Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Mantel

Most of our snow has finally melted and I have been busy decorating inside. I am really hoping it gets a little bit warmer so I can start spray painting. I have so many things that I need to paint. I am not complaining though because I will take 50 degree weather over the snow and cold any day!  Anyway, the real reason for this post is to share my spring mantel with all of you. I tried to go for an organic, earthy feel this year. I went to different rooms in the house and stole borrowed a few things to make it feel complete. 

The one thing that I struggle with my mantel is trying to make it not so dreary. The stone on the fireplace tends to make everything blend together. I think adding some pops of yellow makes the other decor stand out a little bit more.


I bought these two little birds at a garage sale a few years back. I didn't even have to repaint them! I added some basket filling that I bought from the the Dollar Tree to make it look like the birds are in a nest. The candlesticks came from Goodwill a few years ago. I used Heirloom White by Rustoleum to paint the candlesticks.



  The chalkboard came from Goodwill . It originally started out as a picture of some trees, I really liked the size of the frame and the color. I flipped the picture around and painted it with chalkboard paint. 


The bicycle is from Hobby Lobby (probably 7 years ago). The old coffee pitcher was bought at a garage sale.


These yellow, dutch shoes are one of my recent finds from Goodwill. I love that they are yellow!


I love stacking/layering items on old books it just makes the item that much more interesting. The old whiskey jug was my great aunt's who passed away a few years ago. I thought it looked springy with the blue tulips and I love the fact that it came from somebody special. It makes me smile!



I also wanted to say hello to all of my new followers on Facebook, Google friends, Hometalk, Instagram and Pinterest and thank you for all of your lovely comments. I love meeting new people!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

I am linking to:

Coastal Charm
Savvy Southern Style
Domestically Speaking
Tatertots and Jello
DIY Showoff
CSI Project




Visit thecsiproject.com

17 comments:

  1. I love those yellow dutch shoes! Your mantel looks very Spring filled and those sentimental touches are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow pieces really do pop and look good with the stone, what a great idea. And I love how you use books to add height, I am just starting to elevate things that way. Very cute spring mantel!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bunny chalkboard....what a great idea
    http://littlebrags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mantel, it is simple but so cute. I love the dutch shoes nice score.

    - Desiree @ YourCraftyFriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. saw your Dutch shoes and had to check them out, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mantel is precious! I love it! Those birds were a great find. I am visiting from Wow Us Wednesday and I am a new follower. I am looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! Perfect for Easter :) Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you heard of http://thecsiproject.com/ I found the site last night. Each week they have a challenge to link up to and be featured. This week is Spring Mantels, I thought of yours right away. The link up is on Thursday, today you should give it a try.

    Wishing You Luck,
    Desiree @ YourCraftyFriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting fro the csi project... Your mantle is great, I love the bunny chalkboard, it may get me over my hump that only quotes can be written on chalkboards, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shoes - they were what caught my eye! Found you at the TT&J party.

    Happy Friday!
    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love the yellow shoes - I will have to find some. Pinning this post!

    Jody
    MommyMoment.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Just saw you got the CSI Project Pick. Way to go.

    Desiree @ YourCraftyFriend

    ReplyDelete
  13. The spring mantel is a seasonal canvas of fresh beginnings. Adorned with pastel florals, delicate ornaments, and vibrant greens, it breathes life into indoor spaces. Why No Game This artful arrangement captures the essence of spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)